Thursday, December 4, 2008

Johns Family

My paternal grandmother was a big big part of my childhood. I loved her a lot. In my adult years geneology has grown to mean a lot. I am just one of those who values and treasures the past. Well, this summer my grandmothers nephew John passed away. He lived on the other side of the country so when I was old enough to want to meet him he already lived very far away. I am very sad I never got to talk with him. But I was very fortunate to go to his grave side memorial service and fellowship after. I met all the living relatives on that branch of the Family Tree. What an incredible blessing. I was overjoyed with meeting all these relations. You have to picture a funeral you've been to - not all of them - the real special ones - where all these families young couples with their kids - older relatives and cousins (now adults) of all ages. People who don't get to see each other often coming together and being happy to see each other. The place was full of family love and you could see how much John's life affected everyone. Even the community he lived in for so many years. He was greatly loved and will be greatly missed and that makes for a very successful life.

No comments: